Saturday, May 15, 2010

What ever it takes

I may have been pretty whipped on Tuesday, running on 3 hours sleep in full flare with my health and worked all day helping my sister, kinda freaking out about my weeks schedule ahead of me... but well what ever it takes to keep going that's what I'm up for.
I wanted to share our cooking on Monday, we made egg rolls ourselves. Now I didn't know that the egg part came from the wrap, sadly it's last ingredient is 'eggs'. So even though it said 'spring rolls or egg rolls' I need to go with the 'rice' wrap in the future. Still we were so in the mood for egg rolls we made them anyhow. lol
I was also being adventurous and trying some new foods, two kinds of mushrooms (which I neglected to write down what they were but packaged in plastic and known for their B vitamins and from japan?), also a new green leafy veggie that started with a "T". Maybe I can find out what they were next time I shop. :-)
I added these items to the stir fry and the egg rolls. New flavors, fresh cooked, it all came together so nicely we had a variation for lunch and dinner as well.
One of the types of mushrooms and the new leafy green in the back ground. 
The many foods I cooked down for the egg rolls, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, onions, I also added in the wrapped up some Eden's Hiziki-Wild, Hand Harvested in protected waters sea vegetables. So we had a big variety of nutritional sources in our stir fry and egg rolls, and it was all delicious.
Here was lunch & dinner:
You know how Tuesday and Wednesday went from my previous post.

Thursday was also a big day. Up at the crack of dawn to take my daughter to do her volunteer bible education work. Home to get all my gear together and checked and packed, etc. Husband was home all day to keep the boys.
I was still taking pain relievers, benedryl, and prelief to ease the pain from the IC. I felt terrible and dizzy and just slap exhausted. I had a long day ahead of me, as we were going out to document the Helping Healing Hearts golf charity fund raising event.
I ate a bowl of rice with a little maple syrup and lots of walnuts for breakfast. My body was so off kilter that my pupils were dilating big to small rapidly and each eye at different rates. It took the breakfast a while to start kicking in and helping me stabilize. I realized I would have to stop taking any more medicine and hope that the IC pain would hold off for the day.
I picked up my daughter at 10:30 and we hurried up and had Ezekiel wrapped burritos, basically I threw in whatever we had, beans, rice, veggies, tofu. It was an odd mix of flavors but we didn't' care we just wanted to be sure to eat something that would make sure we could keep up with our day.
(Miranda on the golf course bridge waiting for the next team to make it to the hole)
It did though, those two meals got us through and our day was long. We arrived on site for 11:30, the kick off was at 1PM, but there was sign up, lunch, silent auction items, as well as the putting competition before the official tee off. We had our own golf cart and there was much wait time here and there through out the day. That was a blessing, I was able to relax enjoy this time with my daughter. The weather was beautiful the golfers cheerful, for 'work' it was really great. I've never been out on a golf course all day before and it was so nice. I can see why people play!
Well we wrapped up and headed out at a 5:45, and drove back home quickly. One of my daughters friends was in her jr. high talent show and we really needed to make it. It started at 6:15, so no time for shower, or changing, or even a bite. We went straight there, hot, tired and hungry.
Still it was such a cute event! I mean some well you wonder, but there was some real talent too. lol It was fun, and then we ate out at Taco Express, "veggie/vegan" burritos. Wow, sometimes food tastes so good. ha ha
Home for 10PM, hot bath and to bed, with drugs to ensure my bladder let me get my much needed sleep. 
Friday was more of the same, up at the crack of dawn to take daughter to meet her group. Back home to figure out gear, laundry, a few minutes with my boys, cleaning, breakfast... what did I have? I'm trying to remember if I had anything? hmmm.
Anyhow, maybe I didn't eat. I know what I did for lunch though I made fried Udon noodles, been a little while since I had that. It's a quick easy meal and cabbage gives me nice calm energy.

I was able to use the fresh parsley from my own back yard what you might call a garden but not so much this year. I have parsley, basil and cilantro and some weeds for now. lol
Then I was out the door to do my engagement session. They were so sweet and fun, and she is beautiful! I mean I just love her smile and face and attitude. :-) Not only that it was 100% humidity and her hair was amazingly frizz free! It's the little things. lol It was fun, but it was a bit daunting in that the weather was threatening some wicked strength the whole time. I wasn't sure if we could pull off a full session. We did though, and I love their images! I think engagements are just definitely one of the most joyful things to do in life. :-) Cassie & Joe  click if you want to see their preview.
I did though get caught in the deluge on the way home, first off the interstate was backed up, so I was on the back roads. The sky let loose! Buckets of rain, hydroplaning on the flash flooded road, not to mention the hail that was pounding my car! ugh I was tempted to stop and get myself something less than stellar.
I called Joel to check the radar on his computer and see if I should keep driving or pull over. I made it out of the worst of the weather and resisted temptation. I made it home.
I had 30 mins before it was time to get back in the car with kids and daughter and drive her up to Lebanon to meet her friend where she is spending the weekend. I had a bad headache from the weather front and the tension of driving in those awful conditions.
Harrisen made me a small bowl of coconut milk ice cream. :-) My yes it's stellar treat. lol
It was 2 hours at least on the road there and back, we had veggie subs for dinner me and the kids before her friend arrived.
Came home, to crash,.. but my bladder kept me up and I had those engagement pictures calling to me. I was up to 3AM drinking water, letting meds kick in, editing pictures.
This morning I slept late, and all I've had so far is a piece of bread with almond butter. I've handle client emails, and details, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the downstairs, and now I'm blogging! ha
In a little while we are going to head out me, hubby and the boys for a late lunch early dinner. I don't know what I'll be having as we are doing wher Joel wants to go, so I'll have a challenge in finding vegan, but I know I can do it. ;-)
At any rate, I don't feel so bad about Tuesday now. I had to have that protein from McD's to get through the cleaning, drugs and lack of sleep. All my sister had that was close to vegan was the peanut butter, white bread, and oreo's (which is running joke with some of my friends because apparently they count as vegan lol), and the oysters well we already know I've decided that's my one treat, and considering this week and my long days, being sick.... I'm just patting myself on the back for getting through this at all!
Maybe tomorrow I can buy some fresh foods, and cook something fancy for dinner. :-) I miss a nice big vegan inspiration meal.
Ok this is a BIG catch up this week, sorry for the long post. Just makes me feel better to have it all down.

No comments:

Post a Comment