Sunday, May 23, 2010

Slight change in direction for now

OK so this Candida diagnosis has thrown me for a big time loop. No this is not just a natural doc thinking I have this or that. This is a medical doctors diagnosis. Hence he wants me to take a prescription anti-fungal, which made me do LOTS of research over the past 3 days (I won't be using the drug in my protocol).

So far I believe I've found the solution, it will be VERY difficult to approach this, as an IC patient and a Vegan! As if it already wasn't hard enough!? ugh

I'm angry, frustrated, confused, empowered, weepy and delirious at this point. LOL

I do believe from what I know my Mom went through with treatments that actually put her IC in remission for several years now, that what this website says is true, and the true way to tackle and beat Candida/IC combo as a health issue. So here is the link to the extensive info I found and what I believe will actually help a person.

Yeast Infection Advisor   

Now I have to tailor this advice to my Vegan and IC needs. I believe my IC flare is happening hand in hand with a Candida flare. Yes, I said flare, because I believe Candida for me has been also an up and down persistent problem in my health. Especially after everything I've read and things I know I've gone through over the years, things that helped, but then stopped helping me.

I believe that the reason I could find relief for a while in some things I did for my IC, then they would stop, actually are due to the Candida and not the IC. The reason it stopped helping the IC flare, was because over time the Candida had adapted to the treatment. Ugh In hind sight all of this is making a crystal clear picture of my struggles for the past 2 decades!

Knowledge is power! Now I'm gaining knowledge that will further help me on my path to good health.

So what am I eating, yesterday I had a slice of Ezekiel toast two times, and then a burrito of sorts. It had a layer of rices (several grains all organic and whole), azuka & pinto beans, fresh parsley from my garden, a whole shredded carrot, and fresh sliced avocado... all were IC friendly food choices. I'll have to eliminate all grains for about 2 weeks or so while I tackle this multi level health issue. But yesterday I knew less than I know today, and it will continue along this route until I find my path to wellness.

I didn't want to leave you w/o a photo. So here is what I had for late lunch/ early dinner yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment