Friday, May 21, 2010

It's all up to you anyhow

So before I took on this adventure I had gone to a doctor to have a battery of blood tests, urine, saliva, run on me to see where I was at with my health and what could be done to help me improve it. I really wanted to find out what I could do to restore my energy levels, and keep my IC under control.

Today I got all my tests results back. I was very surprised that the thyroid test came back in a normal range. That's the 2nd one I've had done in 15 years. I know there is some test out there that 'really' makes sure it's functioning, and I thought this was it, but they said no they just ran the standard test. UGH I asked for the real one. sigh

OK so anyhow, that came back 'normal', I had great cholesterol levels, which means they must be awesome now that I'm a vegan. LOL My blood sugar was fine, liver, kidney's fine. I have an out of range Cardio CRP, it's high, and that is an indicator of some type of inflammation that puts my heart at risk. I tried to get more info about it, but the answers to what exactly this inflammation is where it resides, and what it's doing/how it's fed I didn't not get satisfying answers for. Just a suppliment for inflammation was handed to me, take this you'll feel better.

Where I did need help was in my vitamin D, C, multiple B's, Omega's, also they added Zinc to my supplements.

My big issue is that I have too much yeast, Candidiasis. This is no surprise to me, and I'm actually relieved to finally have this health issue addressed. The treatment is going to make me sicker, raise my histamine levels and such. So since I'm already in the midst of a mega IC flare the LAST thing I want to do is take on the yeast.

I asked about treating my IC and he completely ignored this, by saying there are treatments all over the place, very expensive and hit and miss for results so it's up to me to do the leg work and decide if I want to try any of them. FUN!

Basically I walked out $300 poorer, with a plan of action I can't even start until my IC is under control again. Which puts me back to the title of this post: It's all up to you anyhow.

My healthy, my body, my job. It's yours too. They can't really help me, they can't control or even understand fully what goes on with my body. I've lived in all this time, I know it better than anyone, it's a matter of listening to myself and doing what works.

So one thing I'm going to be doing, not sure when but more will come on this topic you can look forward to. Is my water intake. This is a huge issue for someone with IC, having water that is IC safe. I want to find the answers to this and help my body help itself.

I know that my body wants to be well. I know that if I find what it needs it will do it's best. That's my belief. :-)

At any rate, I'm healthier than I thought on some levels, have an issue to address after this flare is under control, the yeast, and the rest is me continuing on this journey of eating choices as that's the greatest daily impact to my health I have total control over.

I would be disappointed if I had expected much of anything else from today's visit. I'm not, I think I'm even more determined to be the pilot of this ship.

I'm still living on very simple food for now, Ezekiel bread, greens, no salt, no sugar, no chemicals, no vinegar, no peppers, no acidic foods at all what so ever. Today I had carrots, squash, zucchini, and Ezekiel bread. Not much of any of it, when I'm in flare it gets to the point of being afraid to even eat anything for fear the pain will increase.

OK this is too long and your bored. ;-) More later .....

1 comment:

  1. My sister was put on a candida diet back in school by Bill Brennion (a chiropractor in Bellevue). It helped tremendously. But i also remember reading that oil of oregano will kill yeast. You can get those in gel caps.. trust me the oil itself is disgusting and burns. Anyway, you do have a battle and I can understand the disappointment and frustration in figuring out a game plan. I hope you IC flare goes away quickly so you can decide what to do. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete