Monday, May 10, 2010

Success's

Well guess what?! My husband noticed I'm loosing weight! You might think of course he would be the first to notice, but that's just about opposite of the truth. lol I could get 12 inches cut off my hair and the man would likely not know for days until I asked him to LOOK at my hair. ha ha He is known for being oblivious to changes around him at home. He works hard so we forgive him. ;-) Anyhow, his saying so was so big to me, because it means it's real. :-)

I've noticed the changes of course, but it's so nice to have it validated. I have these Capri jeans, and I can't wear them with a belt, because the belt would be up under my bra. lol What that means in pounds I have no idea, have a changed a dress size? I'm not really sure, but definitely half a dress size. :-)

The loss is different than other times I've went down a bit. These changes are deeper, and many subtle things have changed in my body and mind. One big thing is calm, I feel calmer at all times, even when I'm hectic and stressed, physically I have this calm in my cells.

Another change is that when I'm upset, or have a mood swing I actually do know what I'm upset about. It no longer feels random or unprovoked. I know exactly what I'm mood swinging over and can tell my family, let me be I'm so upset about ..... SO much better for all of us. I feel a sense of dignity in that instead of this out of control moment where I snap at someone and don't know why?  Eating bad things for you masks what your feeling, so you don't know what's going on within. There is no mask now, it's just real my mind is not fuzzy anymore.

We've eaten out several times over the past 3 day weekend. At the movies we saw two in a row "How to save your Dragon" and "Iron Man 2". I did have some popcorn, but no butter and only some. We had had vegan burrito's before hand and that got us through. One new place for me was Buca di Beppo . My daughter and I had their green salad, and veggie pizza with no cheese! So nice to have a new place for special occasions.

Today we are going to make our own egg rolls. I'm excited about trying this out. I love egg rolls, so making our own is a great way to keep them vegan. ;-)

One of the other things I've learned is how key breakfast is. I really need it to be very SuperHero at least 4 times a week to keep on track. It's that start to the day and commitment to my plan, but also it really keeps me feeling my very best.

Sunday morning I made steamed bok choy, miso soup, and fried mochi. It was so delicious. Of course the men in our lives only had the Mochi! lol Still it was really yummy, and the first time I've made the mochi usually Miranda has made it. We had two types, cinnamon raisin and regular.

Sunday Breakfast!
Fried Mochi tastes so much like mini french toasts, and with the real maple syrup it's definitely a delicious sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment