Monday, May 24, 2010

confused and determined

So my plan of action: I'm overwhelmed and not really sure of everything, the only thing I have going for me is shear determination.

Stage 1, get my mercury fillings removed.

Also using some herbs to help my body cleanse itself. This week: Black Walnut Hulls, Milk Thistle, Pau D' Arco.

I also need to get my water situation involved, but I do not know the time line on this improvement I plan to make. I ph tested the brand I'm drinking and it's not in the range I need it to be. In addition my body needs more oxygen, so I may end up using a supplement in that area until I can get the filtration system.

Stage 2, cure the infection. Using Aqua Flora Advanced Candida Foundational Formula (homeopathic) Organic Coconut Oil, Oregano Oil, I can't take the Potassium Sorbate because that will burn the crap out of my bladder.



Stage 3, I'm taking an Enzyme protocol that my doctor has manufactured for his use. Also the super digestive enzymes I can not take right now because they are pineapple based and they also caused me intense pain reaction.

These protocols are for a few weeks, and I will be rotating differing products to keep the yeast from adapting.

Candida Diet:

Having IC and being Vegan, so many of the foods on this list that are OK are also OUT for me. Now don't freak out as this is a temporary change in my diet for the next two weeks I'll be doing this very extreme change and pray I survive! lol (and if I don't loose weight now I might shoot myself! ha ha, don't worry we have no weapons lol)

Now every vitamin I'm deficient in turns out are ones matching a classic case of Candida.  Also the adrenal glands are affected more by Candida, not the thyroid, (which remember I was surprised I have no thyroid problems) I didn't do my adrenal test because I am eating so much cabbage and other veggies that interfere with the test. Right now since what I can eat is so limited I can't do it now either.

OK so here we go this is the IC safe, and Candida starving food list I have compiled for the next two weeks. Honestly since I need 90-100 grams of protein per week to be healthy I believe I'm going to have no choice but to add eggs to my diet temporarily. I have a very good farm I can get them from and I know for a fact they do make me feel better, as I was eating them before going Vegan.

My IC/Candida 2 week approved food list:

Alfalfa sprouts, Asparagus, Avocados, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Bok Choy, Cabbage, Celery, Cucumber, Kale, Mustard greens, Spinach, Squash, Rhubarb, Almonds, Pumpkin seeds.

I know this is NOT much to choose from. I went and bought as many of these as I could that were organic. Last night I had a bowl of cabbage/zucchini/garlic lightly cooked in Coconut Oil, with a side of lightly toasted pumpkin seeds. It's all I had had all day long and I ate as much as I could for dinner. It wasn't easy.

Today I've not had any food yet. I've been super busy with my kids appointments and needs. I needed to start the morning with some of the supplements on an empty stomach and ran out of time to eat anything to take the rest of the supplements.

I am also taking Super Primrose, and HerBalance I (by Complementary Prescriptions company). According to the yeast infection advisor site, hormone imbalance is also Candida related, and sets up your immune system for weakening so part of the plan is to support this aspect of my health as well.(which my doctor has the protocol on the right track, but he didn't factor for my IC very well, and on top of that he wanted me to attack with a anti-fungal drug that I know will hurt me and set me up for relapse)

I'm taking Vitamin D and Zinc, I can't tolerate the multi-B supplement I am to be taking and the C supplement. Both of these vitamins I am very deficient in, but my IC flare/pain won't allow me to take anything to help right now.

Here is what I had for dinner:
Yeah I'm kinda freaking out too, right there with ya. You can join me if your crazy! LOL

No but honestly if you were sick for 6 months last year, so sick you felt like your only reason to be alive was to be a human pee factory, and knowing your body is trying to get sick down the same path this year, and finally having the 2nd most needed diagnostic information you've gone w/o for who knows how many years, you would be with me on doing whatever and anything it takes to help your body stop being sick and restore balance.

Honestly I already feel better, I've had some relief from the IC pain just from the Homeopathic Candida treatment. I know that this flare is related directly to the Candida as so many of them have been in the past.

I'll be able to add in a few more things as the IC flare gets under control, and continue with this aggressive change to balance out my yeast levels. Then well I'll continue doing whatever it's going to take to prevent relapse on both fronts.

I apologize to those who follow me strictly because of the Kind Diet. I am doing my very best here, and right now I'm extremely limited if I want to have real results for the long term. I hope though that you can see the need for yourself to keep working on self education to find the right exact path to eating healthy for your own body, what ever that means and whatever form it takes. Eat our way to health instead of eat our way and pop pills to an early grave.

Well my sister just called and she's in labor, so I better put together a very green meal and get ready to leave I have a nephew on his way today!

No comments:

Post a Comment