Friday, April 2, 2010

Back home, feels like a do over

OK time to catch you back up. Today is Friday. I've had some toast so far, some I bought at Traders Joe's yesterday. I'm exhausted and have so much to catch up on. I also though have some mixed beans soaking, so that I can make a nice lunch after I have my kitchen caught up. (came home to a disaster ugh).

So Wednesday I did very well. Total Vegan day, whew! My body had missed my Miso soup. I think that soup is a miracle I love how it helps my digestion. Here's a picture of my lunch, which was also what I had for dinner on Wednesday. I was still at my sisters, so I kept it simple.

Thursday, I did my best. I was up at 5AM with my sister and nephew. Then hit the road for 6:45AM to meet my husband at his office, and pick up my daughter and bring her to my sisters. I had time to go to Cracker Barrel. I knew they had oatmeal on the menu there. I got a bowl of oatmeal with pecans, and maple syrup for sweetener, since they use real syrup. I also had the blueberry muffin, probably had some egg in there, but I love blueberries and they say they are fresh. I felt pretty good about resisting all their other temptations. :-)

By the time I had my daughter settled in with my sister  and headed back to our side of the area. I figured I might as well go to Trader Joe's. I've never been as it's an hour from my house. They were pretty good. I was surprised that most of the produce was not organic, but the dry goods were well priced and had clean labeling. Definitely worth going to once a month for some things I can save on and stock up on. I enjoyed shopping there. My boys are so cute now, they both are reading labels! So we had a nice time.

It was lunch time, so I called my husband at his office to see if he wanted to eat out with us. We went to our Cajun place, and I had fried oysters. OK I know that makes me a Pescetarian and not Vegan. I consider myself a mostly Vegan, and on occasion I'll let myself have the fried oysters as a treat, but we are talking about two times a month most likely. At any rate, I enjoyed being with my 'men' as it's been a long week.

I got home with our groceries, and all my bags from staying at my sisters, to find a very messes kitchen, and dirty house. ugh So dinner was too simple, I made rice pasta and spaghetti sauce I had bought at Trader Joe's and skipped out on trying to make any veggies as even though I did two loads of dishes there was little counter space. I had to get the boys to do their school work, and the cable guy was here for most of the late afternoon.

This morning, I've been doing school with my boys, sending pictures to my sister I took while I was there, client emails, etc etc.... It's almost lunch time and I'm already to go back to bed and hide. lol I have enough things here to put together some meals though. So I'm making it work for the rest of the day. Toast for breakfast was not that stellar of choice especially because yesterday was void of veggies.

At any rate, I am working on my shopping list and recipes for the coming week. Life is not going to be slowing down. I have to get my daughter tomorrow, (that's a 2 hour trip). I need to go buy more food this weekend, we have spring has sprung yard work to do. I have an engagement session to shoot on Monday. This coming weekend we have a bible convention I have to plan meals for. The week after that I'll be flying out to California, which will be nonstop work. We are doing an engagement type session, when I get there, their wedding on Saturday, and maybe even a post wedding day session before they leave on their honeymoon. Then fly back home to get on all those edits!

Time for me to buck up and get it done. Because if I'm going to succeed and not be caught unprepared to eat right through chaos I won't be a very successful vegan will I? :-/ Not gonna let that happen. ;-) More later, hoping for a clean kitchen by days end, and a beautiful pictures of a well balanced dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment