Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday's report

I'm going to be so busy this weekend I likely will not have time to post. So preemptively I will be having easy rice and steamed greens breakfast, with Tuna (Kinda) for lunch (both days), and dinner will be left overs on Saturday night, and Sunday night I'm so excited we are going out with friends to a Vegan restaurant near where my bible education weekend will be located. http://www.thewildcow.com/twc/ This will be a really nice reward for being vegan nearly a month now. It's too far for us to frequent normally, so I'm really happy about our plans. PLUS the amazing support of my dear friends who found the restaurant and asked us to go with them. :-)

OK back to now, yesterday I had a Superhero's breakfast with each component. I've been a bit lax and never have all 3 things at once. I had my steamed greens with Flax oil, and Umboshi plum vinegar, sprinkled with Gomashio. I eat this first, as cold greens not so tasty, often I'm not even ready to sit down yet I just get them eaten fast before they go cold. I also had left over Miso soup (I make it packed full of veggies, etc, so that I can add water the next day and fresh miso to ensure I get the digestive aid property's), along with left over millet/squash/kombo porridge. Here's a pic of a full Superhero's breakfast.

For lunch I'm not even sure right now? It may have been simple beans/rice and salad. I've got lots on my mind of things I need to be doing right now. lol So forgive me.
Dinner was definitely salad, Asuka beans, Rice a blend of two kinds with extras, steamed asparagus. It was all delicious. I had gotten my kitchen caught up yesterday and made two pots of beans, black and asuka, as well as a big pot of rice. I realize these are staples I need to just keep some made.
Dinner photo:
So today we used the rice to make a quick Alicia's porridge and steamed greens. I had lots of errands in town to run with my boys this afternoon, and have barely been in the kitchen. (so much for having it caught up yesterday ha ha). The boys wanted Sam's Club pizza, OK now this is super affordable. I can feed myself and my kids there for like $10! But by the time I got out the door I was getting hungry too, and if I stayed home to make lunch we might never have made it to town. All the way in I was debating whether or not I would be able to let them eat there and not cave myself? I decided it was worth the extra money to go to Mellow Mushroom whom I knew had a Vegan pizza option for me. I spent $36 with tip, yeah just a wee bit more than I would have at Sam's. Still I felt good, because I knew I had safe guarded all my efforts.
It's like this, this is so huge and often very hard work, that it's just not worth undermining the results. Make sense? Well it does for me right now. Whatever works to keep me on this path!
So I get home from shopping at 7PM. I've been in town all day long, with my boys in tow. Yeah, you know two boys 10&12, dragged by their mom clothes shopping. No they were super good so I'm not completely fried. Oh cute thing my youngest said today at lunch, "Mom I can tell you've lost weight, because you take up less space." LOL I've been saying how I can tell, and I feel it and the boys are like 'sorry mom can't tell yet', so it was super cute that he saw it once I was sitting in the chair. :-) I'll take as a compliment because well I'm his Mom! ha ha
OK so tired, long day, accomplished mostly what I needed to shopping. I bought two amazing things, pics in a minute. I walk in the door and my lovely Vegan Superhero daughter knew that on these bible education weekends we always have something special packed in our lunch, a treat. So she takes it upon herself to make us our Vegan treat. Let me tell you, it's heaven! Pic now:
SERIOUSLY this is SO good! I didn't even realize how much I needed a simple delicious chocolate brownie. Best part no over drugged headache sick feeling of "I shouldn't have had that'. :-) I put a single scoop of coconut mint chocolate chip ice cream with it, and it made me so happy. I'd been driving through town bombarded with fast food and places to eat all day, radio commercials about buffalo wings, etc. For over 40 years I've stopped and grabbed whatever, never really thought about it much, so it's a big change to let it all go. I was stead fast and didn't over think it but it tugs on you none the less. So I just felt her love, and relief to have this beyond good indulgence. YUM! I had left over vegan pizza slice for dinner, I'm going to have a salad too, because I just always feel better if I have one. :-) OH Page 181 for this pic above.

Today I found something I've needed, to ground my flax seeds and make Gomashio. I'm realizing how important the right tools in the kitchen are.

On the note of the right tools, my Mom if you recall the person who bought me the Kind Diet book in the first place, she bought herself a food processor. She's never had one, and she was so thrilled with it. She decided I needed one too. She lives in Arkansas, so basically she sent me to the store to buy one, and she'll get a check to me to reimburse me. ha ha, but still it's not in my budget to spend $200 on one right now. I'm so excited! I came home with it tonight as well.
It comes with a DVD to show you things about how to use one. I've not had one since I was first married and I broken that one pretty quickly. sigh. So I'm excited to have one. I know this is going to make my life SO much easier! I'm really thrilled that I can take less time and make more delicious things. :-) SUPER! It's exactly what I need to keep going.
OK my family is BEGGING me to stop blogging and get in the great room to watch Jamie Oliver's Food revolution. The men may not be eating full vegan yet, but they are definitely all about learning more about healthy eating. :-) Night!

1 comment:

  1. So my husband says to me, ... "well if you use a food processor, aren't you then eating processed food?" Who wants to help me smack him upside the head? LOL

    ReplyDelete