Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dinner's of my own 50/50

So the weekend went along very well! I even managed to do amazing things like make miso soup, Alicia's rice breakfast, and steamed greens on Sunday morning, AND give my daughter an up do (I've never done one, but she got lots of compliments on it). We weren't even late! Now if you are a home schooler you know we do our days in pj's all too often, so doing all of that, packing a vegan lunch, and getting myself and 3 kids out the door by 8:30AM was a BIG DEAL. I'm very proud of myself.
Sunday evening we went to the Wild Cow I had the The Prince Fielder:  Marinated & grilled tempeh or tofu, avocado, tomato, sprouts, cucumbers, shredded carrots, onions, vegenaise, & spicy mustard on gluten-free bread, with hummus and chips as my side item. Facebook Fan Page of Wild Cow   become a fan! We went as a group of 13 people (including children), and they are a small more of a lunch place, but they welcomed us and set up tables together to accommodate us. If I'm in the area I will definitely go there again. :-) I wish they were in Cool Springs! My daughter said it was really nice going there now, because she knew what the menu meant. ha If we had gone before we wouldn't have had a clue what we were ordering!
Sunday night I was in bed by 7PM and slept till 10AM. I mean I made it through the weekend, but it also kicked my butt. ha I've stayed on track though, and it's felt so good.
I checked out a book from my library, and I'll be definitely buying my own copy. Vegan Planet, great for tons of recipes, and well I knew what they were talking about because of "The Kind Diet"'s friendly easy to grasp Vegan crash course. I think getting both books is essential to a newbie like me, the Vegan Planet has a little deeper explanations on balance and benefits of some foods, as well as how long they keep etc.

To the photo's. The first one is a lunch I made. It was my first attempt at mixing it up, and well it wasn't so great. lol Doesn't even look to great. ha ha So enough said about this not so fabulous lunch.
I did though make a very successful dinner on Saturday night. Using portobello mushrooms. YUM! This dinner came out much more tastey and Miranda said was her favorite use of the mushrooms ever. She loved it. Gotta feel good about a hit meal, now if I can only remember how to make it again??? ;-/
Next post I'll making a list of all my new favorite flavors and foods. Also commentary on how I've changed my concept of what qualifies as 'food', not to mention how I feel about sugar now. Read ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment