Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday making a plan

Friday I never did end up cooking. I went all day hungry, and very busy. Ended up going out to local Mexican and ordering the Vegetarian fajita's, with no sour cream so they became vegan. I was so hungry! I ate too many chips, as our waiter forgot to even take a drink order for a good 20 mins. That never happens there, so I won't complain.
Saturday I made those beans into a 'Beans and Greens' soup. My own combination of mixed beans and mixed greens, some veggie broth, a little flavor from toasted sesame oil and umboshi vinegar, and then barley miso. I had that for a late lunch. I'm not sure now what I had for breakfast? Sorry I forget right now? ugh
I had to drive to my sisters to pick up my daughter, and we went to Whole foods to pick up the rest of the groceries we needed thru the 15th of this month. (grocery total for this pay period so far is $350 between Trader Joes and Whole foods). I believe we have enough food to last us all the way through next week. We have not done w/o from my first big shopping expedition, just ran out of fresh green things, but my pantry has done well.
OK so we shop Saturday evening, and it takes only about 1 1/2 hours, WAY faster than the first go around. We got really excited in the produce, my daughter and I are learning what we like and it's fun to shop for those foods now. :-) I was starving, and should have gotten something off the hot food bar. I thought to myself, "no I'll go home and cook something we have all this food now".
That ended up being a mistake. sigh It was 8PM by the time I got home, and husband had sent us on an extra errand and then had me bring home pizza for him and the boys. Well I was putting away all our groceries, after a long day and having eaten soup, I snatch a piece of pizza. I know I could have resisted if I had gone ahead and eaten a bite at the grocery store. Hind sight, but at the time I thought I would be home much faster.
I ate a HUGE salad of so many things after that, it sorta made me feel less guilty, but not really. I've had too much of an off week and there was no way to justify that slip up.
Today I made Barley and sweet rice for breakfast, we had Clean Mean Burrito's for lunch. For dinner we had my left over beans and greens soup, baked sweet potato, salad, and sliced sour dough whole grain bread with buttery spread. It was all very good and filling.
It feels REALLY good to have my frigs and pantry full again. I think not having enough in the house, added to way too busy and being away made for a hard week for me. I'm very ready to be back on track. I have also learned that when I get something out to just go ahead and cut it all up. It will make the next meal faster.
So a few GREAT things, I've learned not to let myself get so hungry I will eat things I'll regret. I've watched my husband be very happy we are cooking and trying everything we put out there. On top of that my middle child has been amazing! He gave up milk this week and decided Almond milk was actually really good! I'm so excited about that! He is also trying more new things and being more open to my meals. My youngest is struggling a little, he wants to be more committed to Vegan than he can be right now. So we are helping him with that as much as possible, sometimes for now he just needs to eat some meat, because beans just aren't his thing. ;-)
I have take pic's just haven't uploaded. I don't mean to neglect them, just super busy. At any rate I'm doing pretty good, I feel like this is a life change not a diet. I really see myself eating this way the rest of my life. My lovely daughter has already seen results and changes that make her happy. I've seen them in myself too, but I doubt anyone else can tell I've dropped a couple pounds. It's OK, it's making me feel better and I know my clothes have more room. ;-) OK this is too long of a post and I need to get some sleep. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment