Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday doing OK

So being home is helping. I'm starting to get a few things back on track. I had Ezekiel toast with Tahini for a quick breakfast this morning. I snacked on a few organic blue chips with hummus mid day. Then made miso soup, azuka beans, rice, and asparagus for lunch.

I went to a bridal shower this afternoon too, I had a couple crackers I'm pretty sure were OK, and 3 slices of fresh pineapple, no veggie tray or I would have had more. I was good in resisting lots of sweets and many cheesy treats.
For dinner we made an easy one that felt very 'normal', spaghetti with salad and garlic bread. Organic brown rice pasta, organic ingredient sauce YUM. To make hubby & middle son happy I told them to nuke some frozen meat balls and add it to their own plates. Worked out just fine for all of us.
I'm using Flax oil (that also has Omega 3's in it), with Umboshi Vinegar all the time now. I love the flavor and just adding a little to this and that all day I get my Omega needs met. I also am loving Gomashio it's such a great flavor. I made some fresh today and reduced the salt even more, to me it's the nutty flavor that's the best part and I like to add it several times a day. Reducing the salt allows me to freely add this to anything I want. At lunch I put just a tad too much by accident, but didn't mind the flavor one bit. ;-) With the lower salt it didn't add too much of anything anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment