Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Unexpected events

Sunday night I get a text from my sister. She is 30 weeks pregnant, already on basic bed rest status. She fell and needed to go the ER. I met her up there, and have been with her almost ever since. She fractured a rib, baby and Mommy are fine, but taking care of her toddler became too much do handle on her own now.

Sunday night (or Monday morning since it was 2AM by then), I found myself at Walgreens (she getting her prescriptions), attempting to find Vegan food. lol I ended up with a box of Kashi, two cans of nuts, one plain almonds, one plain cashews.

Well Monday I ended up eatting and O'Charley's salad, with steak in it. I was so sick from not eating my good foods, but had to have some protein. I spent the night at my own house and had a Vegan dinner.

Yesterday though was so crazy busy and I've not had time to figure out how to do this. She lives an hour from me, so I've basically moved in for a few days. Yesterday I had brought food but didn't have any time to prepare it. I cleaned her house, laundry, helped with my nephew, took her car in for emissions test and to the court house for it's new plate stickers as they were about to expire.

I ended up doing breakfast at Fast food, and late lunch early dinner at Fast food. UGH I feel really crappy, because already those foods do NOT sit with me well.

Today though I had my asuka beans soaking all day yesterday, so already I have a pot of those. I'm working on my Miso soup, and have fixen's for a salad, and a nice bread. That will be lunch and dinner today. I had Kashi with rice milk for an early breakfast. My nephew is an early riser.

Anyhow, with all this going on. I've not had time to post old pictures, hadn't cooked to take new pictures. And I've definitely had a day and half of less than Vegan life. I can't wait for my soup to be ready, and I'm really looking forward to much lunch.

I'm not sure how to deal with Vegan and crazy chaos yet. Being so new at this I didn't have any back up plans in place for such events. I do not know my sisters area having never lived over here. So I do not know where to get anything quick for Vegan.

My husband is going to take my daughter grocery shopping today. She will be coming to help her aunt out for several days while I go back home. She wants to make sure she can stay on the plan, unlike what happened to me. I'm so happy for my husbands support of her and my adventure. :-)

Well that's all for now. Reality may not be very inspirational, but this is an honest blog, tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment