Monday, March 22, 2010

Grandma's garden

I never knew it at the time, but I think I came at the end of an era. I had two Grandma's that had BIG gardens. They garden all year, and canned and fed their families from food they grew primarily from home. Even into their older years, both of them worked as long as they could.
How many benefits are there from that life back then? Both lived to be pretty well along, both had five healthy children. I remember how good the food tasted, and the things they introduced their city dwelling Granddaughter too. Anyhow, I was at the zoo with my children and we visited the house there, an old farm with a large garden and I photographed the sign. I pondered that life, and how good it would be to live in a similar manner.
Maybe after I master this new way of eating, I'll master suburban gardening. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment