Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday night on the eve of my first week

I haven't up loaded my latest pictures yet.
I tell you I hit burn out after Friday evening. We spent six hours at the zoo, which was wonderful! When we came home, it was too more cooking. My kitchen was still behind from running out on it to the zoo in the first place. By the time we had dinner, (pizza Vegan style), I was too tired to even care about the kitchen. OK not true I cared I just didn't have the strength to do anything about it.
I had work to do after I got everyone else off to bed, it was my computer editing time for my job. So I was up until 1AM. Had to get up at 6AM and start again on my editing, because pulling an all nighter was out of the question after the zoo.
So I made Polenta porridge and Miso soup for breakfast, but again didn't clean up. I had to put my photography first I had a dead line for a client to meet. Lunch time came around and I was grateful for salad we had already left over from the night before. At 3PM I got back into the kitchen for real and made Udon Noodle Cabbage dish. BTW the recipe calls for Olive Oil, but the first time I made it I made it with Safflower Oil. MUCH better with Safflower Oil. Just my opinion.
Being such a late lunch I wasn't hungry for dinner. I did two loads of dishes, but all the hand washing was left sitting for me.
My daughter had company for a sleep over and she was all happy to share with her friend our Vegan meals. So she got into the kitchen and made a Polenta casserole. (not sure of the page number on that one). It was OK, but I wasn't too hungry, and so that is now Monday's left overs. ;-)
So I had whole grain toast with Tahini, and an organic Jam with nothing but fruit lightly spread, for dinner. I was happy enough with that.
This morning, Miranda still was in a cooking mood. THANK goodness because I was still suffering from exhausted cooking burn out. I would have been happy eating raw nuts, and a carrot if it meant no cooking today. ha ha Anyhow, she made fried Mochi and veggie filled  scrambled eggs. (we get eggs from a small local farm and we have been out there, if your going to have eggs these are wonderful). I caved and had some eggs. I think w/o cooking for myself for a day and half I needed the extra protein anyhow. Still they made me feel a little bad for it.
After our bible meeting, we meet several family friends of ours at our favorite affordable Taco place. They do have a Vegetarian burrito. Miranda and I had them leave off the sour cream and cheese we were good to go. It felt really good to be out with friends and not feel deprived in the least! I really thought dairy would be my hardest thing to let go of, but I didn't feel a twinge of desire for their cheesey meals.
On the way home though I realized I should have asked for black beans instead of the beans they put on my burrito. They probably had lard in them, (which I had no idea that might be the case, but a passage in the book came back to me on the drive home about that). So next time I'll remember for sure to ask for a black bean burrito.
Well that was also a very late meal. So I was again off the hook for cooking tonight. ;-) I've had a full two day break. I did 3 loads of dishes, and two sinks of hand washing pots and pans. Now my kitchen is spotless and ready for Monday.
I'm ready for Monday too. I am actually looking forward to cooking, and figuring out what to do with all my left over ingredients from last week. We didn't get to all the recipes I shopped for, but I think I'll be making up my own combination's as well to keep from wasting odd ball items.
So one week down, I consider it highly successful. I've not been hungry, I've not been craving, and I've learned so many things.
Oh and I'm pretty sure I've lost some weight. I don't have a working scale. I get very obsessive with them and they will drive me crazy. Threw mine out years ago. Well hubby bought one and he just needs new batteries. He asked if I was OK with having one in the house. I gave him the go ahead. So maybe I'll start using numbers to keep track? maybe not. For now though my clothing has a bit more room, and I put on a jacket today and I often do not button (because it won't), and I was able to button it up completely and it even stayed buttoned while I was sitting. So I know I've at least lost a few inches. Still the biggest thing is I feel better! In spite of the total burn out, this weekend of a cooking teen, some photography work, along with R&R, and friend time. I've recouped and am ready to face my next week of cooking! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment