Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Keeping up with it all

Well obviously I've been pretty danged busy to not be posting. At any rate, I have photo's but no time to process them, as I'm behind on my clients edits. I had a computer virus that took my computer down for a while as well.

My youngest has been really struggling with the what to eat thing. He decided his is a 'flirt' WHEW! I'm so relieved. I mean sure I'd be way happy if he was able to do the Vegan with me and my daughter, but he is just does not like veggies enough. I couldn't get him to eat enough things.

I ended up eating a taco out when it was just the two of us. He watched me so closely, searching for signs of regret on my face. I told him I felt fine and it tasted really good. Then a few nights later I made taco's, my husbands favorite, he's been suffering in the dinner department (dearly supportive loved one he is). I've honestly not been cooking enough.

So my son was really hungry and admitted it smelled super good. I told him it was because his body was telling him that it needed protein. He ate a taco and I was so relieved! He's been trying to copy me and he is just too young and too picky to be a healthy vegan. Since then he has also had two chicken legs for different dinners. I made an organic fried chicken (from Fresh Earth Farm), my husband's other favorite. I was able to resist, my daughter fried her and I up some fresh veggies. :-) We all enjoyed our dinners, and all the sides over lapped into my Vegan diet.

I love Cole Slaw! I've never liked it before, but fresh cabbage, carrots, Umboshi Vinegar, Vegenaise, salt, pepper, and tiny amount of Agave.... it's Soooo good! We've also had clean mean burrito's, but basically we've been eating super simple meals, soup, and sauteed veggies for the most part. My daughter loves what I did with the rice this week. I used Wild rice and Arborio Rice, black and white. I knew the Arborio isn't one you want to use all the time, but she wanted it for one of the Kind Diet recipes (remind me to discuss this topic in a minute). So anyhow, it's white and not really one you want to eat all the time, so I used half of each to keep it more in balance. She says it's her favorite rice combo now. ;-)

Ok so this is an issue I've got to resolve, she has been making up the list for me. Things she wants to eat and make right? So you would think that the page numbers or something would be saved. Nope! So I go buy her all this food, to make 'recipes' with. And she doesn't cook anything? What is up with this? I mean she wants to eat certain things, I use up my budget to buy what she wants and then she can't remember what she wanted to make and doesn't have the time to cook. It's a problem. The thing is I've been too busy to get on her about this time. I went and bought LOTS of veggies and honestly we won't be able to eat it all before we head out for a 3 day weekend.

I'm a bit frustrated, but too busy to deal with this lack of preparation, organization, and communication, let alone the wasting food of not cooking things you ask for. ugh

When I get back home, I'm really hoping we can get into a better routine and I can have time to cook, photograph, and relate how we are doing. Mostly I'm doing very well, most every day I'm 100% Vegan. Sometimes I'm Vegetarian when I'm eating out at times it's happened. I don't go nuts about it though. My IC is also in remission for now, and so life has been easier on that front. WHEW! I know my PH water has made a huge difference for me.

OK well until I can post images I won't take any more of your time for this post. Have a wonderful first weekend of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment