Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Farmers market day!

So I've made it, until last night I had some delivery pizza. BUT until then I had stayed completely vegan from when I said until last night. We had just enough foods to get me buy. The thing is though, not even close to being super hero. So I still feel terrible. This morning I woke up sick in pain with my neck, shoulders, and stomach, and working on being a migraine day. grrrr!

I could NOT be more tired of feeling bad! Ok enough venting.

We're going to the market this afternoon, then to Whole foods maybe even Trader Joe's. I want to stock up and restart and get back on track. I've realized in the past two days I failed on the Candida front, it's not out of my system yet. For now I'm going to be Vegan and try to get that feeling back where I was before this Candida battle.Then I'm going to try again, but better prepared, and I will allow for the weeks I need meat when I tackle it and I won't go with that extreme 16 food list. That was well, frankly it was dumb. ;-)

Here are two images of foods we have made that I really enjoyed. Spaghetti squash is SO good and SO easy. I know lots of you already knew that, even non-Vegans know this. I've just never had it or it's been so long I do not remember having had it.
The other memorable dinner we had was Dolma. Miranda made this and it had wonderful flavors. We did the grape leaves version.
Miranda has also made tofu scramble for breakfast, with asparagus, broccoli, leaks, it was really good! I do not remember which day she was inspired to cook though, and the photo did not look very good. ha I've had miso a couple of times again and it makes me feel SO good! I do not know why, but whatever is in there my body really needs this soup. Even though aspects of it are bad for my IC the digestion benefits are well worth it the precautions and extra things I have to do so my IC isn't irritated to keep Miso in my diet.

I think I'll bring my camera to market this afternoon. ;-) Maybe some fun shopping images will be nice to blog.

5 comments:

  1. From one migraineur to another, I hope you feel better soon!! Love the photo of the spaghetti squash --- As a non-vegan I can validate your statement - it is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash too! The tofu scramble sounds pretty tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely both are new favorites of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious. I am looking forward to following your vegan blog. I am interested in seeing what you eat if it looks this yummy and it makes you feel so much better! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks classycareergirl, yes your blog is fabulous I'm excited about reading your adventures as well.

    ReplyDelete