Friday, June 11, 2010

A little lost for now

I have been photographing the few meals we've prepared. I've been too busy to process any of mypersonal images. Yesterday I made spaghetti squash it was so good! This is a super easy squash to make, and I'm dreaming up lots of ideas of what to put with it beside spaghetti sauce.

The other day I made my first bowl of Miso for breakfast and it was beyond yummy. My IC is going back into remission for now, and it's a huge relief. I've been plagued with mega stomach cramps though for days of this week, it's been a long week. I've felt awful most days. I was suppose to be using a fiber while dealing with the Candida weeks, and when I did it was terrible on me! I just do NOT do those fiber drinks well at all, ugh, this one even had lots of  IC soothing organic things in it and I thought I'd found the perfect one. So never going to use a fiber supplement again EVER.(remind me I said that when I get stupid again lol).

So anyhow, the Miso was ALL I need to get my body back on track, the past two days everything is easing up. All my symptoms from both situations. So I was able to tolerate the Miso again w/o IC pain. WHEW! Because I just love that soup and it works wonders for my digestion.

In all of this, I've been skipping meals not eating, or choosing things that were not very vegan every time, I've eaten out and had chicken, and shrimp once each. I've even slipped up twice on the sugar front. Man does sugar make me feel like crap, even in the tiniest amounts.

I had planned on going to the farmers market which is now open on Tuesday evenings in Franklin. But that day got all messed up schedule wise and I had a bad stomach ache and migraine to boot.

So for now my budget is shot, no cash flow for new groceries until Tuesday. Lots of veggies got put into the compost bend yesterday, with feeling so bad many things got old. Fortunately I have stocked up some on frozen organics when they've been on sale just for such emergency's. ;-) Miranda has been cooking out of desperation as well. I just have not been in the kitchen.

This morning she made tofu scramble with asparagus, broccoli, and leaks, with a side of Mochi. It was so good! I've had to stay away from Tofu things while I was in flare. So I'm still limiting it and being careful. I soaked some strawberries my youngest requested in my alkaline water over night, and they are so smooth and sweet now. I let myself have one bite of a slice this morning. I had some the other day at a friends house and drank lots of alkaline water after I got home, and didn't suffer with my IC. (strawberries are a huge IC trigger food for me).

My daughter and I are both off kilter, she has been very stead fast in her Vegan choices though, and I'm proud of her. I've had to eat some meat here and there, because I wasn't suppose to eat beans and grains. Now I can, but have to wait until I can restock our kitchen next week to get everything back on track. I can not wait! This whole deal of having changed my diet for a while has just been demoralizing! I even think I may have gained a little weight if only due to the few meals I've had out that weren't vegan.

So I didn't get back on track as soon as I had planned, because I have felt so bad physically I just haven't been able to get it all together. Next week though it's going to be shopping, cooking, pictures! and VEGAN!!!! I miss it so much, the commitment and how it made me feel physically. I felt better after I ate, and my body had more stable energy I had no migraines, no other stopped up issues. TMI sorry about that.

OK anyhow.... its been hard to write, because every day I bounce back and forth between feeling bad not eating, having something very veggie and vegan, to having something with meat, and even the two time I had a little sugar.

I have a pot of azuka beans on this morning, and we'll be having them with some yellow squash and rice for lunch today. I think I have enough in my freezer and pantry to be vegan this weekend. It's my goal.

Well this is all random and disorganized as far as a fluent readable post, but it sure is indicative of how my brain has been a jumble this week! I know your with me on can't wait till I'm back on track! Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment