Monday, July 12, 2010

Flexitarian??

Flexitarian

Well OK so I've not been here, for me or for you. I've been here for my family, and all the crazy things going on with us, and it's been too much for me of late. I've been a total flexitarian/flirt the past few weeks. I have Vegan days, and not so Vegan days, I've even been extremely bad and had a couple Coke Cola's. So even a little sugar has crept into my diet.

I'm also though still shopping at the farmers market and eating good things. Just have NOT had the time and not been able to steal the time for being my committed to Veganism self! It's disappointing, but not the end. ;-)

We are putting our youngest in public school in a few weeks, and possibly our middle son as well. This has been a HUGE decision and will be a mega change for us all. He's always wanted to go, so there is that. In this direction of doing whats best for my youngest I've let my Vegan commitment slide so he could regain his balance in his own food choices. He is now a total flexitarian and eating a much needed wider variety of foods. WHEW. Once he is in school I can again be a very committed vegan w/o worrying that he will start feeling guilty for his food choices and wanting to copy me and end up starving again.

He watches my every move and I've just had to act like whatever I eat I'm good with. Honestly since my changes were never moral ones, I have been OK with eating some meats and dairy. Now though I see the light at the end of this muddled tunnel. Once he is in school I'll have more time, and the freedom to not be overly influencing his guilty gene, and I can get BACK on track! I really really really miss being total vegan and superhero at that! So part of me has just been well ashamed to even blog that I had a taco or piece of chicken. It's not every inspiring for either of us.

One bright light in all of this is that my lovely daughter has not wavered from the vegan path we began together. Not once! She is my hero! I'm so proud of her and she looks and feels wonderful. :-) Thank goodness my changes haven't thrown her off track. I can't wait to be vegan partners with her again. Well that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment