Monday, November 8, 2010

November

I know I've been neglecting my blog big time! Of course this goes hand in hand with being ultra busy, and neglecting myself a bit along the way. I'm doing fairly well, some weight loss is happening again, big time good news for all my efforts. I've just not had much time to really cook new things, so we are doing our 'usual' vegan quick meals.

I did this vegan dinner party though. I don't even know if I blogged about it? Hmmm It was a few weeks ago, and everything went off very well. I made two different main courses, a stew and soup, with a few sides. Everyone enjoyed the offerings, and were surprised they had a vegan meal and were happy. :-) A success!

We were on vacation last week, and alternated meals of vegan and cheating. It was vacation! OK so it was an excuse, lol. At any rate, I still made pretty good choices, and felt decent about what I ate.

In the mean time I've been following another Vegan blogger and she is doing much better than I am keeping up with posting and keeping it all interesting. You might want to check out some of her meals and photo's  VeganMoFo  I like her style of writing. :-)

My daughter looks great! Everyone thinks so, she has a lovely glow. I even have a few telling me I have nice healthy glow too. Which considering my stress levels and how my IC can keep me really messed up, this is a tribute to healthy food choices!

One side note though, she is as most teens are her age, VERY busy with life and friends. This had her not eating enough for a little while, we even saw a pretty significant change that was not good! It was a wake up call, that if you choose Vegan you MUST eat well! It's not enough to grab this and that, what ever you can say is vegan. Eating real food is a must. Planning your meals, watching your protein intake, keeping up with those key supplements, etc. To be a healthy vegan is work, real work! So for me when I'm too busy I will eat a none vegan choice on occasion. She has chosen to not do that, I've not had any warning signs and she did go through one.

So as you find your path, remember this is about a healthy you as well as saving the planet, loving animals or whatever else motivates you to thrive on veggies! Yet, your personal health is the most important part of your choices as it has the most immediate effect and impact. So if you being Vegan, or thinking about it, make sure you are dedicated to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment